Job Posting: King’s Chorus Administrator
Deadline: August 12th, 2017 at 11:59pm AST
The King’s Chorus is a Choral Society based out of the University of King’s College. The mission of the King’s Chorus is twofold: to foster an environment which will provide students, faculty, staff, and community members of all levels of musical education with training in the tradition of choral music, and to share our commitment to the tradition by performing two concerts each year.
The King’s Chorus Administrator is responsible for working with the King’s Chorus Executive team and the Director to ensure that the requirements of the internal and external duties are met. The administrator will have primary use of the office.
- Scheduling/attending meetings of the executive
- Communicating with the Choristers regarding rehearsal times
- Maintaining an active presence in the community
- Advertising, scheduling, and attending auditions of new Choristers at the beginning of the fall and winter terms.
- Purchasing materials required by the Chorus (music, folders, office supplies)
- Liaise with the Advancement Office’s communications staff to ensure that they know when the concerts are, and they have advance notice so as to put them in the King’s on-line Calendar.
- Coordinating the design, publication, and distribution of posters and rack cards for the two concerts.
- Coordinating the design and printing of the programs
- Coordinating the printing and distribution of concert tickets via Choristers, the King’s Co-op Bookstore, TicketHalifax, etc.
- All duties associated with publicizing the concert (including paid advertising, contacting interest groups, press release, coast listings, King’s listings, etc.)
- Liaise with the Advancement Office’s communications staff to ensure that anything with the King’s logo receives their approval before printing.
Requirements and Experience
- Demonstrated experience working on a team and independently
- Experience in event planning
- Proven ability to put initiatives into action in a timely and organized manner
Salary: Honorarium $750/Term
Term: September 1st – April 30th (two term position)
Preference will be given to Students and Alumni of the University of King’s College who are past, current, or future members of the King’s Chorus.
To apply for this position, please forward resume and cover letter to:
Internal Coordinator — King’s Chorus
University of King’s College
6350 Coburg Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 2A1